HERITAGE MERCEDES RALLY & COMPETITION PREPERATION (1950S & 1960S)
From the Mercedes W180 Ponton to the W194 300SLR and the 280SE, the racing and rally heritage of the Mercedes-Benz brand is eclectic and vast. All manner of saloons and roadsters from the fifties and sixties competed in motorsport, which is why have developed SportLine to accommodate these models.
Our unique one-to-one approach to your unique classic Mercedes allows us to work with you to build you a competition-focused vehicle that suits your needs and competitive spirit. Whether you intend to compete at Goodwood Revival or in the Peking to Paris, our team will work to understand the specific needs you have from your vehicle.
OUR RALLY & COMPETITION PREPARATION INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Injection System: we will upgrade the injection system to offer a more precise and reliable spark, incorporating a programmable ECU for better economy and performance
- Camshaft: Revised profiling offers a more productive lift and therefore better performance from your engine
- Cooling System: we will utilise uprated radiators and header coolers to improve efficiency and reduce weight
- Throttle bodies: improved air flow achieves a more productive and higher rate of throttle response, and thus an increase in power.
- Adjustable Springs and dampers: will be fitted to give you a desired height and ride – firm or soft depending on the terrain on which you will be competing.
- Interior Upgrades: Depending on what you need, we can create bespoke lighting setups for map reading in the cabin, as well as fitting four-point harnesses, bucket seats and timing equipment.
- Spares Package/Storage: We understand the need for as much storage space as possible when competing in endurance competitions. We can create additional storage for spare wheels, tools and other parts within the cabin and boot of your R107.
- Bespoke: We can construct skid pad to protect your vehicle’s undercarriage and bespoke roll cages that accommodate storage and other equipment you require.
This is just a snapshot of the things we can do to provide you with a winning classic Mercedes-Benz built for tough environments all around the world.
Introducing CARE by SLSHOP
SLSHOP’s Sam Bailey explains what CARE is and how it works. If you have a classic Mercedes, join CARE today to benefit from unique discounts and preserve your car the right way.
Pagoda & 60’s Shop Tour
In the beginning, R107 customers started bringing their 1960s cars to SLSHOP. Following this, we’ve grown into a dedicated workshop specifically for cars of this era. Here, you’ll find a wide variety of Pagodas. Of those, some are here for final touches, some for initial assessment, and everything in between. After all, every Pagoda’s needs are different. And it’s not just SLs in this workshop, either… In addition, we regularly see earlier SLs and all manner of saloons, coupes, and convertibles from this glorious era of style and statement.
So step back in time and browse our 1960s workshop here. Because who doesn’t love eyeing beautiful old cars!
Tour all buildings here
You May Also Like
Keep your Classic Mercedes-Benz running like the day it left the factory.
Also, sign up here for hints and tips, because we all love to learn more about our classic Mercedes-Benz!
Following, you’ll also get access to our “workshop life” updates, so you can stay in the loop.
Or, visit SLSHOP Journal
THE ULTIMATE CERTIFIED SERVICING INVESTMENT PLAN
Your ownership journey matters to us, which is why we have created a simple certified servicing investment plan, tailored to your individual needs and aspirations.
Start investing today and our dedicated CARE team will work with you to increase the value and enjoyment you receive from your vehicle.
More From SLSHOP