1993 Mercedes-Benz R129 500SL with Anthracite Leather (271A)
Brilliant Silver Metallic (744) with Anthracite Leather (271A) / 500SL
Under 3,000 Miles, Unregistered and Extremely Collectible
A beautiful example of a 1990 Mercedes 500SL for sale which has never been registered in the United Kingdom. Formerly a TUV test vehicle for Mercedes-Benz Stuttgart, this low mileage R129 SL500 has been maintained by SLSHOP over a number of years and is in truly phenomenal condition. Finished in Brilliant Silver with contrasting ‘Sacco Boards’, the paintwork is in fantastic condition and the Anthracite Leather still possessing the ‘as-new smell.’
More information to follow on this lovely 1990 Mercedes 500SL, read this article.
Given the vehicle’s low mileage, the paintwork is in excellent condition with the Sacco panels and upper body Brilliant Silver Metallic paint having stood the test of time. The quality of the paint from the factory coupled with the limited use on wet, salty and dirty roads has kept this R129 SL500 in absolutely stupendous condition.
Being an early R129 SL500, this vehicle possesses the three streak side vents, orange indicator and headlamp lenses offering a more period look. Similarly, to the rear you will find the same ribbed rear lights as found with the R107.
Inside, you will find some period features such as the classic wood pack of the vehicle’s predecessor. As you can see, the wood is glossy and absent of any cracks or scratches. All the buttons are clean with their original icons present. The perforated leather seats have not ripped or been stained. There is light creasing which gives the leather its character.
UNDER THE BONNET:
This early example of the Mercedes R129 SL500 features the quad-cam 48-valve 5.0 litre V8, which prduces 320ps to achieve a 6.5 second 0-62mph highlight. Considering the weight of the R129, this is phenomenal. The M119’s use of distributor caps rather than the mid-facelift fuel injection system offers more of a sporting soundtrack and character.
The M119 is paired with a hydraulic 4-speed automatic gearbox which is quintessentially Mercedes-Benz – an extremely reliable gearbox with smooth gear changes that allow you to make the most of the rev range.
Where the engine bay stands out is its extremely clean and clear appearance. All the original factory markings on the mounting points and hoses are visible – these can be seen pictured and in this video where Bruce outlines the condition of the vehicle.
- Unregistered and owned by Mercedes-Benz Stuttgart prior to SLSHOP
- Low mileage under 3,000
- Stored and maintained by SLSHOP in Stratford-upon-Avon
- 038 POWER SUPPLY RCL CONTROL UNIT FOR IMMOBILIZER
- 241 FRONT SEAT LH ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE WITH MEMORY
- 242 FRONT SEAT RH ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE WITH MEMORY
- 246 MIRROR WITH MEMORY CIRCUIT
- 260 TYPE DESIGNATION ON TRUNK LID - ELIMINATION
- 283 DRAFT DEFLECTOR
- 341 ADDITIONAL BLINKER LAMPS
- 362 RHD VEHICLES AS PER EC REGULATIONS (CONTROL CODE)
- 440 TEMPOMAT (CRUISE CONTROL)
- 461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
- 538 AUTOMATIC ANTENNA AND FRONT LOUDSPEAKER - WITHOUT RADIO SET
- 551 ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM
- 581 AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
- 592 HEAT-INSULATING GLASS, ALL-AROUND, HEATED REAR WINDOW PANE, BAND FILTER
- 600 HEADLAMP WIPER/WASHER
- 613 HEADLAMP LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
- 682 FIRE EXTINGUISHER
- 740 BLACK SOFT TOP FABRIC 9001
- 860 No code designation available
- 873 SEAT HEATER FOR LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT SEATS
- 880 CLOSING SYSTEM WITH INFRARED REMOTE CONTROL
- 981 REG. DOC. OMISSION AND NO ABE NO. ON TYPE LABEL
- Brilliant Silver Metallic (744)
- Anthracite Leather (271A)