2001 Mercedes-Benz R129 SL500 #2365
Tansanite Blue (359U) with Mushroom Hide (275) / SL500
SLSHOP showroom listing
Overview of this Mercedes-Benz
2001 Mercedes-Benz SL500 (R129) Tansanite Blue (359U)
with Mushroom Hide (275) Dark Blue Soft Top Fabric (5010)
2 Keys, Low Mileage & Beautiful Specification
A 2001 SL500 with low mileage is the definition of a modern classic Mercedes-Benz. This particular vehicle is presented with 3 former keepers (including the current owner) and offers a rare level of originality and condition for a 21-year-old luxury grand tourer.
The SL500 features the M113 5.0 L 24-valve SOHC V8 with 302bhp, offering fantastic acceleration and torque at all speeds. The V8 is the perfect soundtrack for top-down driving, offering a modest but throaty roar that doesn’t intrude where some V8 convertibles of the same era might.
Finished in Tansanite Blue, the metallic paintwork is timeless and classy, blending perfectly with modern tastes but still adding definition to those distinct Bracq Germanic lines. The foremost owner specified Alloy wheels at a cost of £1790,00 in 2001, which are all in excellent condition. In addition, the SL500 features a Panoramic Glass Hard Top which was a similarly expensive option in the early 2000s.
The evolution of the SL from the R107 to the R129 caused commotion around the world when it was launched with its high-flying, sci-fi technology. The difference to its predecessor was and remains staggering. Electrically adjusted seats with memory function, self-correcting roll bar to prevent the vehicle capsizing and the crème de la crème – an electric folding roof. The first of its kind in the world.
Part of this evolution included Mercedes-Benz’s decision to change their long-term colourway names. This interior finish is Mushroom Leather (275) – formerly Beige Leather – and is in stupendous condition with no marks or rips. The double stitching perfectly emphasises the shape of the seats and adds a modern feel to the interior. Complimenting the Mushroom Leather (275) is the Burred Walnut Root trim, which is bereft of marks or cracks, paying homage to the older SL models from the fifties and sixties.
The R129 features a 10-CD track player, which is fully operational and unspoiled. The boot carpet is clean with no stains and presented with all the relevant driver’s packs, including a First Aid Kit. The Spare wheel is in good order and ready to be used if needed.
- 200A LEATHER
- 241 FRONT SEAT LH ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE WITH MEMORY
- 242 FRONT SEAT RH ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE WITH MEMORY
- 249 AUTOMATICALLY DIPPING INSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR
- 289 WOOD/LEATHER STEERING-WHEEL
- 415 GLASS ROOF (R129)
- 461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
- 500 OUTSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR LH AND RH FOLDING
- 501 OUTSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR LEFT AND RIGHT WITH MEMORY
- 565 REAR SEATS USED ON SL MODELS
- 600 HEADLAMP WIPER/WASHER
- 617 XENON HEADLAMPS, LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
- 668 MODE OF PACKING VE III WITH STYROPOR BUMPER RAILS
- 731 WOOD TRIM, BURRED WALNUT ROOT
- 744 DARK BLUE SOFT TOP FABRIC 5010
- 750 BECKER RADIO EUROPA 2000 VK
- 774 SHELL MODIFICATION FOR AMG-WHEELS
- 776 WHEEL COVERING FOR AMG 17-WHEELS (ONLY EXPORT)
- 794 AMG COMPLETE WHEELS (4 PCS.): - 8.5 X 18 ET25 FR. AXLE 245/40, 9.5 X 18 ET23 REAR AXLE 275/35
- 801 CHANGE OF MODEL YEAR, THE LAST FIGURE SHOWING THE NEW MODEL YEAR
- 819 CD CHANGER IN THE TRUNK - ALPINE
- 833 ADDITIONAL PARTS FOR GREAT BRITAIN VEHICLE VERSION
- 873 SEAT HEATER FOR LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT SEATS
- 984 COC DOC., DELETION OF VEHICLE REGISTRATION DOC.
- 989 IDENTIFICATION LABEL UNDER WINDSHIELD
About The Mercedes-Benz
- Tansanite Blue (359U)
- Mushroom Hide (275)