1998 Mercedes-Benz R129 SL320 with Gary Napa Leather (238A)
Azurite Blue with Gary Napa Leather (238A) / SL320
The R129 SL carried the distinguished SL pedigree into a new era, offering the distinctive Germanic lines symbolic of the Super Leicht insignia, but with the technological flare of the tail end of the 20th Century.
The six-cylinder R129 SL320 you see here was ordered new in 1998; the same year the model received a facelift. By this stage, the accomplished technology found within the R129 had been further refined and the SL320 also received the new M112 3.2 L 18-valve SOHC V6 with 221hp.
To show off the distinctive lines penned by Bruno Sacco, the body is finished in Azurite Blue Metallic (3660), paired with a Gray (238A) Napa leather and Burred Walnut Root wood trim throughout the interior. The leather is in top order with few age-related marks and the seats are firm, offering driver and passenger complete comfort. All electronic assets are in order, with the heated and electronically adjustable seats functioning smoothly with the position memory function. The previous owner has also fitted an aftermarket head unit to offer a more connected driving experience.
Since registration the vehicle has been enjoyed annually with maintenance and service works carried out religiously to enable continued enjoyment and dependability. All works carried out over the course of the last 24 years have been documented and will be provided to the new owner for inspection. Notable work carried out more recently includes new suspension mounts, door window glass and door panels, as part of an annual service.
An R129 SL with a service history of complete care is becoming harder to find, and this example is ready to delight and inspire a new owner to enjoy effortless top-down adventures at the wheel of the last of the over-engineered SLs.
- 200 A LEATHER
- 241 FRONT SEAT LH ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE WITH MEMORY
- 242 FRONT SEAT RH ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE WITH MEMORY
- 249 AUTOMATICALLY DIPPING INSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR
- 441 STEERING COLUMN, ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE
- 461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
- 472 ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)
- 500 OUTSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR LH AND RH FOLDING
- 501 OUTSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR LEFT AND RIGHT WITH MEMORY
- 533 SPEAKERS FRONT AND REAR - WITHOUT RADIO
- 565 REAR SEATS USED ON SL MODELS
- 600 HEADLAMP WIPER/WASHER
- 617 XENON HEADLAMPS, LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
- 644 LIGHT-ALLOY-WHEEL 5-SPOKE-DESIGN 17"
- 668 MODE OF PACKING VE III WITH STYROPOR BUMPER RAILS
- 731 WOOD TRIM, BURRED WALNUT ROOT
- 744 DARK BLUE SOFT TOP FABRIC 5010
- 809 CHANGE OF MODEL YEAR, THE LAST FIGURE SHOWING THE NEW MODEL YEAR
- 833 ADDITIONAL PARTS FOR GREAT BRITAIN VEHICLE VERSION
- 873 SEAT HEATER FOR LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT SEATS
- 984 COC DOC., DELETION OF VEHICLE REGISTRATION DOC.
- Azurite Blue
- Gary Napa Leather (238A)