1997 Mercedes-Benz R129 SL500 #2371
Azurite Blue (366U) with Beige Leather (265A) / SL500
SLSHOP showroom listing
Overview of this Mercedes-Benz
1997 Mercedes-Benz SL SL500 (R129) Azurite Blue (366U)
with Beige Leather (265A) & Dark Blue Fabric Soft Top (5010)
2 Former Keepers (Including Current Keeper) & High-Specification Facelift SL500
In 1997, this SL500 was ordered new to Huddersfield Mercedes-Benz by a Mr Marris who was the main keeper of the vehicle up until very recently; before being acquired by the current owner. In its lifetime, it has been cherished and enjoyed by both owners, with the mileage rising to just 65,627 in the 25 years since leaving the factory. What we have here is the flagship R129 SL with a modest mileage, finished in a beautiful colour combination and with a history of careful preservation.
Outside, the Azurite Blue (366U) is in unmolested condition, with no excessive marks or scratches from a lifetime of usage – testament to the quality of the paintwork from the outset. The 18” AMG Alloy wheels are also in fantastic condition with minimal defects or marks from usage. All electronic elements have been tested by our inhouse experts, as well as an inspection for rust to the rear sub-frame which is a common issue with the R129 SL.
Inside, the Beige Leather (265A) has been correctly cared for over the years, with some ageing to the leather to give a more rustic feel. All carpets are intact with no holes or rips and are completely original. Similarly, the dashboard is clean with no cracks or gaps; the wooden centre console is in stupendous condition. The soft top has been well treated and blends perfectly with the exterior paintwork.
This particular vehicle’s hard top also features a Sun roof so you can utilise this vehicle as coupe, rather than a convertible. This would have been an expensive option when new and gives this model that little bit more exclusivity.
A fine machine with the capable M119 5.0 L 32-valve DOHC V8 producing 322bhp, as opposed to the lower 302bhp figure of the facelift R129 SL500 from 1998 onwards. In its current form, this is a R129 SL to be enjoyed on the road, travelling across continents with family and friends.
- Code Description
- 241 FRONT SEAT LH ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE WITH MEMORY
- 242 FRONT SEAT RH ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE WITH MEMORY
- 249 AUTOMATICALLY DIPPING INSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR
- 341 ADDITIONAL BLINKER LAMPS
- 405 MULTI-CONTOUR SEAT, FRONT RIGHT
- 461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
- 501 OUTSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR LEFT AND RIGHT WITH MEMORY
- 512 RADIO MB SPECIAL WITH TRAFFIC NEWS DECODER (VK), WITH RDS
- 565 REAR SEATS USED ON SL MODELS
- 600 HEADLAMP WIPER/WASHER
- 613 HEADLAMP LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
- 668 MODE OF PACKING VE III WITH STYROPOR BUMPER RAILS
- 744 DARK BLUE SOFT TOP FABRIC 5010
- 774 SHELL MODIFICATION FOR AMG-WHEELS
- 776 WHEEL COVERING FOR AMG 17-WHEELS (ONLY EXPORT)
- 793 AMG COMPLETE WHEELS (4 PCS.): - 8.5 X 18 ET25 FR. AXLE 245/40, 10 X 18 ET25 REAR AXLE 275/35, 2-PIECE
- 807 CHANGE OF MODEL YEAR, THE LAST FIGURE SHOWING THE NEW MODEL YEAR
- 819 CD CHANGER IN THE TRUNK - ALPINE
- 833 ADDITIONAL PARTS FOR GREAT BRITAIN VEHICLE VERSION
- 873 SEAT HEATER FOR LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT SEATS
About The Mercedes-Benz
- Azurite Blue (366U)
- Beige Leather (265A)
Protect Your Assets with SLSHOP.
Take your ownership experience to the next level by joining CARE, our certified servicing investment plan. We’ll manage your servicing and maintenance while you enjoy your vehicle and take advantage of a range of exclusive benefits. Start investing today at NO COST to you.
Our world-leading collection of vehicles, our unrivalled warranty and servicing plans, our award-winning craftsmen and our dedication to the Mercedes-Benz community. These are the reasons we have sold over 1000 cars to enthusiasts and collectors based in over 100 different countries.
WHY CHOOSE SLSHOP?
NOT SURE WHERE TO START?
Discover everything you need to know about Mercedes-Benz SLs with the world’s largest specialist. An exhaustive source of information for buying, selling and owning a classic Mercedes-Benz SL.