1995 Mercedes Benz R129 SL60 with Beige Leather (275)
Azurite Blue (366) with Beige Leather (275) / SL60
This über desirable and rapid AMG-finessed R129 kicked-off the era of official Afalterbach altered SLs. Just 49 right-hand drive examples of this brutal and beautiful behemoth were made, with examples benefiting from low mileage (as here) even rarer still.
The 1990s was all about the resurgence of coupes and sports cars, after the super saloons and hot hatches had all the fun in the 1980s. With AMG brought into co-operate officially with Mercedes-Benz, the partnership was better able to feed 1990s customer appetite for high performance. With an official horsepower figure of 375bhp (in reality AMG apparently got the big 6.0-litre V8 to pump out over 400), and an original purchase price of nearly £100k, this very special R129 demands a closer look.
There are very few options for prospective SL60 owners, these cars simply don’t come onto the market very often. This example has a few minor cosmetic issues to put right, plus the interior has been smoked in, but it nonetheless represents a fantastic base upon which you can improve it further.
- All the old MoT certs in chronological order from new to date.
- Sigma M30 alarm system added in 1998.
- Mercedes-Benz dealer servicing up to 2000–specialist to present.
- Rear of the car and both bumpers were painted in 2003.
- All the wheels were repaired and powder coated in 2013.
- New engine rear crank seal added in 2015at a cost of£938.48.
- New bonnet insulation added in 2021.
- Full and most recent fluid service carried out by West Hill Garage in Aberdeenshire in 2022 including; engine oil, coolant, ATF, brake and rear-axle fluid.
- Azurite Blue (366)
- Beige Leather (275)
- Not Exempt
Report Synopsis: Mechanically sound, this car is ready to enjoy, but needs cosmetic attention if shows & concours events are your thingVIEW THE REPORT