1988 Mercedes-Benz R107 500 SL
Overview of this Mercedes-Benz
This beautiful 500 SL is finished in the iconic colour combination of Signal Red (568) with Beige Leather (275). The colour of choice for many well to do individuals back in the R107’s era. The flagship 500 SL was and remains petrolheads want. It possesses American muscle car grunt, power and atmosphere, while delighting driver and passenger with its luxurious German touring traits. As one of the last R107 SLs to leave the factory, this of course is the facelift 500 SL, with the wider track, more pronounced front apron, larger 16″ wheels and uprated brakes. Most characteristic of the later cars such as this one though, was the improved handling – the extended front apron (or valance) was engineered to reduce front-end lift by 30%, helping reduce the impact on aerodynamics and allowing the V8 to put power into proper action.
This vehicle was formerly sold by SLSHOP in 2019 and is now being offered by its current owner who feels it deserves to live a fruitful life on the road. As you can see, the exterior and interior are in beautiful condition, with the Beige Leather in almost-new condition with no stains or rips and just the creases expected of aged leather.
Outside, the exterior Signal Red paint has been protected since day one, with the original owner specifying Paint Protection back in 1989. Since then, the exterior has clearly been cleaned and detailed regularly to keep that deep shine. All chrome and external trim pieces are straight and fixed tightly to the bodywork. These pieces are all completely original as they should be. The rear boot spoiler is a nice touch and one that makes this 500 SL stand out from others. All tires have plenty of tread to last thousands of miles and will not require changing for some time.
Please review the appraisal certificate for further information on the mechanical and cosmetic condition of the vehicle. We trust you will find this information useful in making your decision.
Please call Paul on: 07704907222
- 238 CITY DRIVE LIGHT FOR GREAT BRITAIN
- 240 OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE INDICATOR
- 256 REAR AXLE WITH LIMITED-SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
- 341 ADDITIONAL BLINKER LAMPS
- 362 RHD VEHICLES AS PER EC REGULATIONS (CONTROL CODE)
- 440 TEMPOMAT (CRUISE CONTROL)
- 461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
- 507 OUTSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR, LEFT AND RIGHT, HEATED (ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE ON THE RIGHT)
- 512 RADIO BECKER EUROPA CASSETTE
- 524 PAINTWORK - PRESERVATION
- 531 AUTOMATIC ANTENNA
- 565 REAR SEATS USED ON SL MODELS
- 592 HEAT-INSULATING GLASS, ALL-AROUND, HEATED REAR WINDOW PANE, BAND FILTER
- 603 HEADLAMP WIPER UNIT AND OIL FOR REAR AXLE WITH LIMITED-SLIP DIFFERENTIAL, IN CANISTERS AND CONTAINERS
- 613 HEADLAMP LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
- 682 FIRE EXTINGUISHER
- 740 BLACK SOFT TOP FABRIC 9001
- 873 SEAT HEATER FOR LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT SEATS
All Images:Show all photos
About The Mercedes-Benz
- Signal Red (568)
- Beige Leather (275)
Protect Your Assets with SLSHOP.
Take your ownership experience to the next level by joining CARE, our certified servicing investment plan. We’ll manage your servicing and maintenance while you enjoy your vehicle and take advantage of a range of exclusive benefits. Start investing today at NO COST to you.
SLSHOP MarketPlace is the world’s only dedicated platform to buy and sell a classic Mercedes-Benz. We’ve created three unique routes to selling our acquiring a Mercedes-Benz, each offering flexibility and the chance to maximise returns.
NOT SURE WHERE TO START?
Discover everything you need to know about Mercedes-Benz SLs with the world’s largest specialist. An exhaustive source of information for buying, selling and owning a classic Mercedes-Benz SL.