1988 Mercedes-Benz R107 560 SL #2075
Blue-Black Metallic with Palomino Leather / 560 SL
SLSHOP showroom listing
Overview of this Mercedes-Benz
1988 Mercedes-Benz R107 560 SL
Blue-Black Metallic (199) with Palomino Leather (274) and Black Fabric Soft Top
This wonderfully equipped 560SL can quite simply be described as looking ‘grand’. With it’s combination of Blue Black Metallic paintwork and Palomino Leather, it looks a million dollars.
Not that this car would have cost a million dollars when new, but with the Steering Wheel Airbag, Cruise Control, Automatic Climate Control and Arm Rest, it sits very close to the top of the list when it comes to what an SL could have cost you back in the late 1980s.
With a high shine on the Blue-Black paintwork, this car is deceptively dark in colour, appearing almost black in certain lights. Blue-Black is most definitely not Navy Blue, it is Black with a hint of Midnight Blue. It is rare, desirable and absolutely gorgeous on this car.
The leather interior in this car is named ‘Palamino’. This nomenclature is derived from horse breeding, meaning a colour of a ‘diluted’ cream over a chestnut base. When combined with Signal Red, the result is a style synonymous with high specification export market cars.
The 560SL was never available in European markets, and in export markets like the USA where fuel is cheap, often these cars covered astronomical miles. This example has covered just 47,000 well cared for miles from new.
This car came to us from a collector in the Channel Islands, who purchased the car from Toronto, Canada in 2016. We have converted the bumpers to European Specification, and can discuss a European headlight conversion should the new owner so desire. The car has been subject to a full underbody detail and waxoyl, making this car ready for some refined and stylish continent crossing.
1988 Mercedes-Benz R107 560 SL
Order Location CANADA
- Interior LEATHER - PALOMINO (274)
- Paint 1 BLUE-BLACK - METALLIC PAINT (199O)
- Paint 2 BLUE-BLACK - METALLIC PAINT (199O)
Approx. Build Date 1988-05
- 240 OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE INDICATOR
- 262 ELIMINATION OF REAR END SPOILER
- 442 AIRBAG IN STEERING WHEEL
- 460 VEHICLES FOR CANADA, ADDITIONAL PARTS
- 491 U.S. VERSION
- 506 OUTSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR, LEFT AND RIGHT, HEATED (ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE ON THE RIGHT)
- 519 BECKER RADIO MEXICO GRAND PRIX, ELECTRONIC (USA)
- 524 PAINTWORK - PRESERVATION
- 531 AUTOMATIC ANTENNA
- 543 SUN VISOR WITH VANITY MIRROR, ILLUMINATED, LEFT AND RIGHT
- 551 ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM
- 570 FOLDING ARMREST, FRONT
- 581 AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
- 592 HEAT-INSULATING GLASS, ALL-AROUND, HEATED REAR WINDOW PANE, BAND FILTER
- 639 ELIMINATION OF FIRST-AID BOX AND WARNING TRIANGLE
- 740 BLACK SOFT TOP FABRIC 9001
- 808 CHANGE OF MODEL YEAR, THE LAST FIGURE SHOWING THE NEW MODEL YEAR
About The Mercedes-Benz
- Blue-Black Metallic
- Palomino Leather
Protect Your Assets with SLSHOP.
Take your ownership experience to the next level by joining CARE, our certified servicing investment plan. We’ll manage your servicing and maintenance while you enjoy your vehicle and take advantage of a range of exclusive benefits. Start investing today at NO COST to you.
Our world-leading collection of vehicles, our unrivalled warranty and servicing plans, our award-winning craftsmen and our dedication to the Mercedes-Benz community. These are the reasons we have sold over 1000 cars to enthusiasts and collectors based in over 100 different countries.
WHY CHOOSE SLSHOP?
NOT SURE WHERE TO START?
Discover everything you need to know about Mercedes-Benz SLs with the world’s largest specialist. An exhaustive source of information for buying, selling and owning a classic Mercedes-Benz SL.