1987 Mercedes-Benz R107 420 SL #2033
Anthracite Grey with Beige Leather / 420 SL
SLSHOP showroom listing
Overview of this Mercedes-Benz
‘’Having invested so much time and money into this car – creating what must be the best 420 SL in the world – could it simply slot into place in the showroom with other lovely examples costing half as much? Yes, because there’s always demand for something exceptional.’’
Nigel Boothman, Classic Cars Magazine, August 2021
1987 Mercedes-Benz 420 SL (R107)
Anthracite Grey (172) with Beige Leather (275) and
Dark Brown Soft Top (8023)
High Specification Restored 420 SL with Air Conditioning
This exceptional fully restored 420SL has been the subject of many conversations in the classic car community, appearing on the front cover of Classic Car Magazine following a complete bottom-up restoration by SLSHOP over the course of 12 months. This a one-of-a-kind 420 SL, unrivalled in charm and build quality anywhere in the world, possessing a thoroughly documented restoration program outlined by SLSHOP for one of the largest classic car publications in the world.
Arriving at SLSHOP in boxes, this is a story of an unfinished home-restoration that was sadly unable to be completed. SLSHOP decided to re-write the story, paying homage to the gentleman who was unable to build the perfect car. This is a R107 that has been completely stripped and meticulously reconstructed according to the original factory methods, carefully documented, and utilising all the correct parts that would have been employed by Mercedes-Benz themselves.
The revival of the bodywork incorporated a repaint in the factory option of Anthracite Grey (code 172), giving this 420 SL a unique finish not often seen on the market. Similarly, the Beige Leather (code 275) interior has been retrimmed and recovered achieving a beautiful cabin aura. Beneath the elegant lines and glistening chrome work is a car with only 200 shakedown miles on the odometer; with a completely refurbished powertrain certified by SLSHOP’s craftsmen. This is a 420 SL transported in time from the factory to the 21stCentury, possessing an extensive array of factory options commonly found with modern vehicles.
With only 2,148 420 SLs produced by Mercedes-Benz, this is a rare car and made rarer by the level of originality and perfection exhibited by this beautiful machine. With a capable, refined, and smooth V8 tuned to the highest of standards, this 420 SL represents a car that will please its owner and enviable onlookers into the tail end of the 21st Century.
This is an opportunity to acquire a unique ‘as new’ R107 in right-hand drive, with air conditioning, rear seats, vanity mirrors and mile after mile of adventures ahead.
- 238 CITY DRIVE LIGHT FOR GREAT BRITAIN
- 256 REAR AXLE WITH LIMITED-SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
- 341 ADDITIONAL BLINKER LAMPS
- 362 RHD VEHICLES AS PER EC REGULATIONS (CONTROL CODE)
- 440 TEMPOMAT (CRUISE CONTROL)
- 461 INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
- 507 OUTSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR, LEFT AND RIGHT, HEATED (ELECTRICALLY ADJUSTABLE ON THE RIGHT)
- 524 PAINTWORK - PRESERVATION
- 543 SUN VISOR WITH VANITY MIRROR, ILLUMINATED, LEFT AND RIGHT
- 565 REAR SEATS USED ON SL MODELS
- 585 BEHR AIR CONDITIONER AND ELECTRIC WINDOW LIFTERS (FRONT DOORS)
- 592 HEAT-INSULATING GLASS, ALL-AROUND, HEATED REAR WINDOWPANE, BAND FILTER
- 603 HEADLAMP WIPER UNIT AND OIL FOR REAR AXLE WITH LIMITED-SLIP DIFFERENTIAL, IN CANISTERS AND CONTAINERS
- 613 HEADLAMP LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
- 682 FIRE EXTINGUISHER
- 746 FOLDING TOP FABRIC 8023, DARK BROWN
About The Mercedes-Benz
- Anthracite Grey
- Beige Leather