1969 Mercedes-Benz W113 280SL #2419
Medium Blue with Parchment MB Tex / 280SL
SLSHOP showroom listing
Overview of this Mercedes-Benz
Lovely 1969 280SL Pagoda featuring 2 keys with original data card and documented history of over £10,000 in parts bills alone
Registered on the 12/12/1969 in Woking, this 280SL Pagoda was originally produced in Tunis Beige (462) with a Tobacco Brown (423) Hard Top and matching Hub Caps. As with many classic vehicles, they are the beneficiaries of the imaginations of their owners at any given time, often leading to a change in colour.
Now finished in Medium Blue, this delightful machine has been exquisitely maintained and preserved by approximately ten owners over the past 53 years.
As with all SLSHOP Pagodas, this particular vehicle has been picked for its honest, reliable and rewarding credentials. Despite having been colour changed, it is clear that the former keepers have gone to great lengths to keep this vehicle on the road, restoring it to exceptional standards and using the highest calibre German and OEM components.
As you can see from the images, there is very little to note with regards to the condition of the vehicle. The exterior panels are clean with correct gaps and no signs of corrosion underneath. Inside, the interior has benefited from recommissioning in the last 15 years and is thus, an lovely place to reside.
As part of the onboarding process with SLSHOP, we have inspected, serviced and prepared this vehicle for use on the road. In its current form, this is a 280SL that can be driven or trailered away today.
With the servicing book replaced in the early seventies by Mercedes-Benz Woking, history of ownership is detailed from 1982 when the vehicle was owned by Vivian Marsh of Fulham. Vivian passed the vehicle to what appears to be a relative - Frances Marsh of Twickenham who had the vehicle from 1988 to 1998. From here, it passed through various other individuals here in the UK.
In 1999, the engine was rebuilt by UK-based Roger Edwards, with the following works having been carried out in the 2000s:
- Replacement of inner and outer sills, outer cover plates, both front floor pans and one rear pan. Both firewalls and the boot floor have been replaced. All of this work was carried out using period correct replacement panel parts from Germany.
- At the same time, a complete overhaul of the braking system took place, including the replacement of the servo, master cylinder, all pipes and hoses, callipers and discs.
- Inside, the carpets have been replaced with the correct weave material, and the seats have been re-trimmed in period correct MB Tex.
- The Pagoda’s fuel injector pump and injectors were replaced with Koller and Schwemmer GmbH components.
- Alongside this was a strip and re-build of the cylinder heads, new exhaust valve seats, all valve guides, new exhaust valves, cam followers and camshaft.
- Replacement Koni shock absorbers and OEM rear springs were also fitted.
Receipts for the parts used are included in the folder.
The service book shows the following:
|09/03/1982||53,179||Service||Vadgama Motors, Richmond|
Additional documentation includes MOT history, as well as the original Pagoda parts book and dealership network book. These alone are pieces of history and should be cherished as much as the vehicle.
About The Mercedes-Benz
- Medium Blue
- Parchment MB Tex
Book A Viewing or Video Walk Around
Protect Your Assets with SLSHOP.
Take your ownership experience to the next level by joining CARE, our certified servicing investment plan. We’ll manage your servicing and maintenance while you enjoy your vehicle and take advantage of a range of exclusive benefits. Start investing today at NO COST to you.
Our world-leading collection of vehicles, our unrivalled warranty and servicing plans, our award-winning craftsmen and our dedication to the Mercedes-Benz community. These are the reasons we have sold over 1000 cars to enthusiasts and collectors based in over 100 different countries.
WHY CHOOSE SLSHOP?
NOT SURE WHERE TO START?
Discover everything you need to know about Mercedes-Benz SLs with the world’s largest specialist. An exhaustive source of information for buying, selling and owning a classic Mercedes-Benz SL.