For sale a stunning 1984 R107 500SL that has been under my ownership for the last 6 years, and has been pampered throughout. In beautiful Champagne metallic with Brazil brown leather interior, the car has plenty of significant work done with receipts to prove:
– Full timing chain , guides and sprockets replaced
– New shock absorbers
– New oil pressure sensor
– Recent bodywork correction to remove imperfections
– Wheels full refurb ( powered coated )
– New distributor and ht leads
– Reconditioned starter motor
– recored radiator and new thermostat
– new speakers , Bluetooth amp and period stereo
Car comes with a colour matched hardtop with stand, original first aid kit, full service history, a big binder with plenty of history, original manuals, wind deflector, and tonneau cover to quickly cover interior without having to put up the soft top.
The car is completely stock. A couple of tasteful modifications include:
– A new Nardi wooden steering wheel. Original steering wheel included in sale
– A Bluetooth amp behind a period correct cassette player to be able to stream music and map directions from phone. Blauupunkt cassette player is fully functional.
Having travelled approximately 98K miles the car is in excellent mechanical condition and beautiful shining bodywork, the engine is incredibly smooth and powerful, has a lovely sound.
I note a couple of points to be aware of:
– Seats show marks and general patina, which to me looks great, but just for awareness, see photos
– Dashboard has a 1 inch crack near one of the vents as shown in pictures
– Soft top has some marks where folds and a small repair patch , side plastic windows have small 2cm tears
All in all. a beautiful example that will definitely bring smiles and years of motor enjoyment to come. Car is based in north london / islington.
Car is in excelent condition:
Body: recent respray and correction
Engine: Smooth, powerful, recent internal inspection when chain and sprockets replaced
Interior: Some marks on leather due to use in front seats. Small crack in dash near vent grid
More photos upon request
Full binder with service history and receipts for all works and repairs.