Sportline Rally Car
C107 124 SLC | 0-60 in 5.9 Sec | 255 BHP
Dimond Blue / SLC
Wet, dirty roads, mud, dust and snow… Not exactly the natural habitat of a well preened R107 SL, but for international endurance racing, an SL makes the perfect contender.
The ideal car for an international endurance rally must have a powerful engine, superb reliability, excellent build quality and a comfortable ride – look no further than the SLC.
When we were approached to assist with the build of an SLC that was to compete in the Classic Persia event, we were only too happy to help. The rally sees 10 competitors driving 4,000 miles through the ancient Persian empire, taking in Iraq and finishing in Dubai.
The SLC completed the rally with flying colours.
- Lightened and balanced flywheel and crank
- Revised injection system (featuring larger Mercedes-Benz injectors)
- Distribution Pack replacd with modern ignition coil pack for a more precise spark and better throttle response
- Mapped ignition via Omex ECU
- Free-flow performance air filter
- Re-engineered throttle linkage for better pedal response
- Performance camshaft with revised cam profile, tuned for torque
- Ported and polished head for better breathing
- Bespoke stainless steel exhaust system
- Mercedes-Benz 5 speed manual gearbox
- Adjustable progressive springs and bespoke dampers, tuned to the weight and feel of the car
- Bespoke anti-roll bar
- Aluminium rear trailing arms with anti-squat links
- Stronger, uprated suspension bushes
- Performance discs, vented and grooved for effective cooling
- Performance brake pads
- Limited-slip differential for improved traction and acceleration
- Full professional geometry set-up
- Removal of unnecessary interior components depending on application
- Bespoke Roll Cage fabrication
- Race seating fitment to required specification for driver and passenger where required
- Range of alternative steering wheels dependent on application to included dished options
- Fitment of 4/5/6 point harness’ to driver and passenger seating
- Installation of tracking, timing and video recording equipment
- Air Conditioning
It all started with a question: can the iconic R107 Mercedes-Benz SL meet the expectations of modern performance car drivers? After restoring, repairing and maintaining many R107s, we found customers asking the same sort of questions. Can we firm up the ride a little? Can we improve the pedal response? Can we get more power without losing the character of the car? And so, with the keen driver in mind, the SportLine project was launched.
Our team has years of experience working with the R107 SL, so we knew its strengths and weaknesses, and how best to extract more power from the wonderful straight-six engine. With its incredible build quality, open top format and sheer elegance, the R107 now satisfies the hard core driving enthusiast too.
With a worldwide reputation for quality and attention to detail, SLSHOP’s SportLine was always going to executed to the highest standards. It handles and responds like no SL you’ve experienced before, and is equally at home on the road, track or classic car meet.
We knew the R107 SL had potential and with SportLine we’ve created something truly special.
You May Also Like
Why not get behind the wheel of our
Sportline race car see see how it feels.